Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bountiful Drexel Buffet

It Is Finished!
The Bountiful Drexel Buffet
Is ready to be revealed.

 I am so pleased with it
It is truly a beautiful piece of furniture!
The largest piece I have ever done.
 I was so worried I might "ruin" it. . .
At first I didn't know what color to paint it.
I studied it for a week and finally came upon this beautiful color
My Aunt kept telling me to let the piece speak to me. . . .
It would tell me what color to paint it and what to do with it. . .
 
 The Bountiful Drexel did speak to me. .
It told me what I should do for it.
As you can see I kept the original hardware
It just had to be. . . .
 After all the toil of painting, I "antiqued" it.
I used Minwax Provincial Stain
I did try to glaze it, but it just wasn't the right color
So I went back to the way I use to do furniture
I didn't "shabby" the piece. . .  it just wasn't the thing to do
 This is how it looked when I bought it, , ,
Beautiful lines, and gorgeous wood.
Truly a wood masterpiece.
Now it is even more gorgeous. . .
It has transformed to a beautiful
Bountiful Buffet Heirloom!
I will be showing it in the following linky parties:
Thank you for visiting these wonderful blogs

14 comments:

  1. It was beautiful to begin with but your touch made it gorgeous! Great job, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your beautiful piece is very much a materpiece! You did a terrific job on it and what a pretty color.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! You really accented the beautiful lines of your piece with the pretty paint colors. Inspiring!
    Cheers, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful~ I love the color you chose- it's so pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue and white. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful piece. You were right not to shabby it. I 'll be sorta glad when highly distressed runs its course and fades from the decorating scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful piece now. I love the colors. Just gorgeous. Thanks so much for linking up to my party. Don't forget to come back and become a follower. Thanks. www.diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Karie...it is just beautiful. What a lovely color you chose. Now, if you're like me, you are already looking around for something else to paint. :)))
    You did a fabulous job.
    xoxo bj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! Love the color...visiting from DIYDesign.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful, love your choice of color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks amazing. Great job.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely. I am hosting a Valentine Giveaway. I would love for you to stop by!

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.