Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Blue Hutch

Oh, I just can't pass up an ugly piece of furniture!
This poor little hutch was so ugly
Everyone was passing it up. . 
No, I don't have before pictures.
She just didn't want her picture taken
Or. . . maybe I forgot to take the picture!
Well, whatever!
She's a little beauty now. . 
 Her glass was broken, so. . .I used
Chicken wire. . the square kind.
I have her in my "Den"
(Are they called that anymore?)
 She holds some of my Precious Moments.
 Oh, I have a lot more of these little darlings.
Another collection, or is it obsession, of mine.
 I searched and searched for the knobs for her.
I found the perfect knobs at 
Hobby Lobby. . .50% off!
 The knobs, the chicken wire, all suit her just fine.
She is a sweet little piece of furniture!
At first I didn't know what to name her,
 Yes, I am that way. . my creations
Must always have a name.
I think I will call her 
Eliza In Blue!
Please do come back. .  K
You never know what I will come 
Up with next.

I will be linking with these lovely blogs.

12 comments:

  1. I love Eliza! She is gorgeous! Even more so because I saw her before her make-over! I can relate to not wanting to have my picture taken when I am not made up! Great work! Love the chicken wire!! And color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hutch is so pretty! Paint magic! I love the chicken wire too! You did a wonderful job of updating this hutch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karie,
    I love your Eliza Blue! she is just lovely! You dressed her in a pretty shade of blue.
    Now for your little crochet baskets full of candy corn....Oh my goodness how creative are these, I love them so much what a sweet gift these are going to make. Did you have a pattern or is this your own creation?. (I want to make some)
    I have enjoyed my visit today, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular makeover! :) I adore what you did with it! :D

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did a great job on that piece! Love the chicken wire in place of glass. And we have a room we call the den :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beautiful! I have a cabinet I want to turn into a pie cupboard, but chickened out on the chicken wire (excuse the pun! Haha). I think I'll give it a go now! You've encouraged me!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to stop by and thank you for linking up at Totally Transformed Tuesday and that I featured your post on FB a couple of days ago. Hugs, Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love that hutch. I really like that you used the chicken wire. Very nice.!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Viewing the ads, playing games, upgrade plans, more earnings, referral earnings, bonus points and more, join now
    Paidverts.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best Clicking Job in Pakistan, Join the best Clicking and Add Clicking job, Visit for more details
    JobzCorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now you can Earn Money Every Hour, Join this best website and earn hourly, just invest and rest with Hot Profit Online
    HotProfitOnline.com

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.