Friday, May 17, 2013

Love My Hutch And More

Well, wouldn't you know it. . 
I had plans to plant flowers this week-end
But, that sweet ole Mother Nature changed things for me
It is cold and cloudy and sometimes rainy. . 
Not a good time to be outside planting and doing
Outside projects.
So. . . .I will just have to change my plans.
Not too much you can do about 
Mother Nature. 
(Ya gotta love her)
I realized I haven't shown you my cute hutch
Not for a long time. . . Maybe not since Christmas.
Oh, My!
If you recall, I told you how I bought this little beauty
On sheer emotion! 
Yip, I did!
I saw it at an antique store. . and the minute my eyes spotted her.
I know she had to be mine.  She was waiting for me
The shop owner let me make payments on her
And soon, I brought her home.
Her name is Aunt Carol
Why, you ask, because my sweet Aunt Carol who I adored
Had one just like this one. . .
It is solid maple wood, and not a scratch on her.
She is made by Ethan Allen. . .Early 1960-1970
Hmmmmm. . Do I love my Aunt Carol Hutch.
Of course the top is decorated. . .my little tea pots.
Lady Bug is on the left.
My cute friend Sue gave me this beautiful tiered plate
For my Birthday clear back in January.
Oh, I love it. . .for Spring it has some of my
Many (millions) crocheted flowers.
I don't think I have even shown you my cup-cakes.
I even have some salt and pepper shakers that are cup-cakes.
Ya, gotta love Cup-Cakes!
These are my latest "Thrifty Treasure Finds"
I had the cute little Pfaltzgraff tea pot I found at the thrift store. . 
Well, low and behold, this week I found this cute little
Sugar bowl to match. . How lucky am I?
I am always on the look for Pfaltzgraff dishes.

Well, there you go. . a show-off of my
Aunt Carol Hutch
And all the cute things she holds.
And my Thrifty Treasure Find for the week.
I hope you will come back again
I want to show you my front porch,
I did get it decorated before the clouds and rain came.
Hope you are Happy and Hopeful

A little quote I found today:
" Making a House a Home not only blesses you and your Family
But it also gives peace to those who enter."
I hope I give peace to those who enter my home. . 
K

7 comments:

  1. Hi Karie! Well, I do adore Aunt Carol, as she is related to my little breakfast room hutch. They look just alike except Aunt Carol is a little bit bigger. She looks so cute all dressed up in red!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karie, I love you Aunt Carol Hutch and you have it decorated so prettily. I'm really loving those crocheted flowers on the tiered tray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower *_*.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to have you share at my "Open House" blog party. Your hutch represents the era of "quality" furniture. I recognized the ladybug teapot right away as one I have sold at my shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to have you share at my "Open House" blog party. Your hutch represents the era of "quality" furniture. I recognized the ladybug teapot right away as one I have sold at my shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your 'Aunt Carol' and think she is dressed up so fine! Great thrifty finds this week also. Diann and I thank your for linking to TTF this week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your hutch, such a beautiful piece!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.